- over 5.000 places in hotels
- 800 places in the detached houses in the hstorical center, recently
Almoust from them have the own treatement base.
In Baile Herculane and on Cerna's Valley there
is a number of agroturistic guest-houses.
Surroundings, tourist attractions
" Trips in Semenic Mountains and Cerna Valley, Cerna Keys,
" Drobeta Turnu Severin city (Traian`s Bridge, "Iron Gates"
" Danube cruise (Cazane, Tabula Traiana),
" Tg. Jiu city (Constantin Brâncusi art monuments),
" Tismana Monastery,
" Ponoare Cave,
" Pemi's villages from Clisura Dunarii.
- Hercules square - Roman Hotel - Cerna's waterfalls - „7 hot
springs“ swmiming place; 2-3 hours
- The calk factory- The Prolaz Valley - The Feregari Gorges - The
Creast; 4 hours
- Cerna Hotel - The white cross - Jelarau Valley - The glade of
Musuroane; 5 hours
- Cerna Hotel - The white cross - Serban's grotto - The Domogled
peak; 8 hours
- Hercules square - The Ghizela cross -The Cociu
- The baths of Diana - Munc spring - The Ciorici
peak; 2-3 hours
- „7 hot springs“ - The Banitei stone - The creast of Bolvasnita
- Folklor International Festival HERCULES
- The Festival of BRANDY from BANAT
- The folk festival NEDEEA
- The GRAPE'S ball
- The Roumanian SPIRITUAL CONGRESS
Arts and crafts
The regional traditional clothes are great attractions for tourists. They are
presented at Folk Celebrations (The International Folk Festival is the most
important one in the region). The beautiful folk clothes may be admired on
special occasions (weddings or baptisms) in cities like: Plugova, Domasnea,
Luncavita, Teregova or at Clisura Dunarii and Almajului Valley. The villages
Ciresu, Izverna, Balta, Nadanova are still maintaining the traditional songs and
cloths, making the region valuable ethnographically.
A trip to Tismana offers you the possibility to visit Tismana Arts and Crafts
Center. The exhibits are decorative art elements and popular clothes,
outstanding for this region of handicraft tradition.